Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Milan Spring/Summer 2007 Wrapup II

Prada
Prada is usually one of my absolute favourite collections, but to be honest, I was disappointed with the new SS07 collection. I hate those turban-wannabes on the models' heads, (maybe they are actually turbans.) I hate the tribal-looking dresses, which I didn't choose to show in the photos below. And a lot of the colourful tops with geometric shapes just remind me of the Prada collections from many seasons back.

Nevertheless, there are some things I like: The pretty silk tops are so pretty. And I love how the belts are styled on the outfits. Note that virtually all outfits have belts on. Next seasons's big thing -the sack dress, was also seen in the show.

Since Prada is one of the huge trendsetters, note that classic-looking, silk pointy heels were prominent in the show. Could it be almost time to say bye-bye to round, platform shoes and start to buy pointy heels again?
Bottega Veneta

While I am not a big fan of Bottega Veneta's suits, I do love its dresses. Botega has quite a wide range of dresses, from casual to cocktail. But no matter which type of dresses, one thing links them all: natural elegance. What does it mean? The dresses are so elegant without looking forced or too fancy.
Gorgeous daytime dresses.
Versatile cocktail dresses.
And well, no idea when one should wear these dresses, but they're pretty!

Marni

I usually love Marni, but I really, really love this collection. Each look is layered, but seems light and wearable. The whole volume concept is also made realistic with the sack dresses. Like Prada, almost all of Marni's looks have belts to strengthen the shapes and secure the layers. Most noteably, many looks of this collection is quite sporty. Usually I hate sporty clothes, but Marni just makes it so chic. I particularly like look #5 below: Black pants, white top with a long grey cardigan held together with a thick brown belt -stylish and simple.