Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Janet opens up about wardrobe malfunction

Janet Jackson opened up to Oprah Winfrey about her infamous "wardrobe malfunction" at the 2004 Superbowl. The singer says she hasn't spoken to Justin Timberlake since the incident but does have plans to contact him - in her own time. "We haven't spoken. But I consider him a friend, and I'm very loyal, and friendship is very important to me," Jackson said. "He has reached out to speak with me. Like I said, friendship is very important to me - and certain things you just don't do to friends. And in my own time, I'll give him a call." The Rhythm Nation singer thinks she bore too much of the responsibility for the incident when it went awry, and Timberlake recently told MTV a similar story. "If there was something I could have done in her defense that was more than I realized then, I would have," Timberlake said. "I probably got ten percent of the blame." When asked if she thought Timberlake had failed to stick up for her, Jackson told Winfrey, "To a certain degree, yeah."