Monday, September 25, 2006

L-Lo's dad's public letter to his daughter

Lindsay Lohan's father Michael is taking desperate and very public measures in an attempt to reconcile his relationship with his daughter by writing an open letter to a British newspaper. The Georgia Rule actress has not spoken to her father since he was jailed for DUI and violent behavior last year. "It pains me to have to write to you like this, but it's evident that my letters never reach you," the missive reads. "My messages never get to you and 'people' continue to build walls between us. I can't even begin to tell you how very sorry I am for causing you (and our family) the heartache and embarrassment I have. I hold you absolutely blameless for all that's been said and portrayed, as I know it has been under the advice of others, to sway both the courts and public opinion. I also know the pain that comes with love, especially when two hearts and lives are divided. Sometimes we run - we seek to hide or just escape from the pain. In the meantime, people are either whispering in our ear, giving self-serving advice, or out to protect their own interests. Unfortunately, sweetheart, while you are so talented and blessed you have become their interest! As I told you all along, this would happen. You are an amazingly blessed, talented, intelligent and loving person. Use it to do good! To set an example by putting God and his principles first. Your love for life and people is a gift. I trust you, I believe in you and I will love and protect you until my dying breath, and if that's what it takes so be it! Please know how much how much I miss all of you. Stay strong my Angel! God bless you and stay strong! Things do happen for a reason Linds - God's reasons. Reasons I will never question ever again in my life. They've taught me more about myself, others and how important God is in our life, than you'd ever imagine! God, Linds! The one that blessed you, made your name famous and wants you to use your blessing to bless others."