Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Star asked not to go back to the View

Star Jones Reynolds has been asked not to go to work today after announcing yesterday that she had plans to leave the show in July, and then telling People magazine that she felt like she'd been fired. A source close to Jones Reynolds said yesterday, "ABC has asked her not to return to the View tomorrow morning." On air Tuesday, the former attorney said, "Something's been in my heart for a little bit, and after much prayer and counsel I feel like this is the right time to tell you that the show is moving in another direction for its tenth season and I will not be returning as co-host next year." What Jones Reynolds didn't say on air, she told People magazine, saying, "What you don't know is that my contract was not renewed for the tenth season. I feel like I was fired." Jones Reynolds is reportedly expected to make an appearance tonight on Larry King.