Monday, July 31, 2006

SS06 Shoe Trend: Platform Sandals

Ever since I bought a pair of brown platform sandals at the Miu Miu sale last month, I've been seriously in love with platform sandals. Platform sandals make you feel so much taller, and they're really fun to wear!Usually when people see the shoes, they question how I can still walk as fast as I normally do. The lovely thing about my sandals is that the sole is curved, so you can sort of roll foward in them.

Anyways, here are so nice and mostly affordable choices of platform sandals: (Btw, I know the photos below only show one shoe each, but I'm just going to refer the sandals as 'a pair' below.)

OK, let's start with this pair of Chloe-lookalike wooden sandals by Top Shop. These are seriously platform-ed! Just imagine wearing them with the lovely and oh-so-trendy dresses. Sigh...

Another pair by Top Shop, but this one is inspired by Christian Louboutin. This pair is a bit lower-heeled than this season's trend, but I'm sure one could walk longer without feeling too tired in these.

This Bebe pair would look great with jeans, denim skirt, and basically most casualwear. (But be warned that they are oddly expensive for Bebe.)

These white sandals by Miu Miu may seem a bit similar with the Bebe ones above at first glance, but these Miu Miu ones are def more suitable for daywear, and a lot more funky!

These Strappy Patent Stacked Heels are from Urban Outfitters. The straps don't look like they're made of patent leather to me (since they're not even shiny,) but the white pair looks ok from the photo. This is a good affordable choice to wear with casualwear.

Oops I'm cheating here. These BCBG Max Azria Metallic Leather Sandals aren't platforms, but they look so daytime-glamorous that I couldn't resist mentioning them. And they're on sale now!

Another fun and funky pair of very high platform sandals, but this one is by Marc by Marc Jacobs. Depending on your personal style, these would look fantastic with bohemian clothes and liven up a trendy plain outfit.

I love this pair of Marc by Marc Jacobs Ankle Wrap Sandals -the golden colour matches all my outfits and the wrap is so summer-y. It's just soooo pretty and fabulous for daywear. Now that I think of it, I can't remember why I chose the Miu Mius over these. Hmm... I think it's because they ran out of my size.

The only thing I must warn everybody about is that the ankle straps are usually quite uncomfortable. But if you wear your sandals enough, the straps should stop hurting your ankles. Transparent band aids help too. So girls, have fun being tall and funky! Oh, and don't trip!