Sunday, July 30, 2006

Lindsay's mom comes to her defense

Lindsay Lohan's mom has spoken out about the letter the Mean Girls actress received from a studio exec. In an interview to air tomorrow on Access Hollywood, Dina Lohan says, "The wording was ridiculous... I feel when you are 19 it is way out of line... Maybe he has personal issues with whomever and it came out with my child. I don't know him. I can't judge him. I don't think it was a smart thing to do to a young girl." When asked if there is any truth to the letter's accusations, Dina Lohan defends her daughter. "Lindsay was in 105 [degree weather] saying, 'Mommy, I feel sick, like I am going to faint.' She took herself to the hospital. She has asthma and in extreme cold or heat you can't breathe... I'm a mother and will do what I need to do to protect my child... I don't think it should be aired out and everyone should know. It's personal." And about her daughter's alleged "ongoing all night heavy partying," Dina added, "Lindsay gets to work late, okay... She's a human being. There was one day when she was late and they worked the schedule around her... As far as Lindsay's health is concerned, she's fine and she is back on set. She will win an Academy Award for this picture... Justice!"