Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Rebecca devastated by tabloid talk of her weight gain



Rebecca Romijn was disturbed last year when tabloids criticized her for gaining weight. "I was focusing on my personal life for the first time in years and really enjoying myself," she says of the gain. "But getting attention from the tabloids for my 'relaxation period' was awful and confusing. I'd never felt better emotionally and physically, and yet I was being told I was fat!" After following a regimented diet and workout plan for years, Romijn relaxed and enjoyed romantic dinners with fiance Jerry O'Connell. She stepped up the workouts again after agreeing to pose for this year's Sports Illustrated swimsuit issue. "I just want things to be really easy and peaceful. I feel like I've found harmony," the former model says.