Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Anna Nicole Smith is pregnant

Anna Nicole Smith is expecting a baby girl, according to the baby's father - paparazzo Larry Birkhead. "I have been told that I am expecting a child, I have seen the ultrasound and have spoken to doctors," Birkhead told TMZ. "I am very excited about the possibility of becoming a father." The photographer has previously denied the rumor, but said yesterday that he had been pressured to do so by Anna Nicole's lawyer, Howard K. Stern. "Anna wants that guy completely out of her life and obviously he is having trouble dealing with it. You'll find out soon enough [if she's pregnant]," said Stern. Birkhead confirmed the pregnancy after Stern's statement, saying, "I was not going to discuss the matter publicly, but since Howard K. Stern is attempting to bash me... Howard needs to get past his own jealousy about the relationship between myself and his only client." A source said Stern is denying the news because Anna Nicole wishes to make money off announcing the pregnancy herself.