Thursday, May 25, 2006

Lindsay's personal tragedy


Lindsay Lohan suffered a personal tragedy while filming the movie Bobby, forced her to choose between staying on set or rushing to the deathbed of one of her closest friends. "Our families are best friends and she was like a cousin, so you can imagine," Lohan told Interview magazine. "I was on the phone with her parents every single night, and just before she died, I wanted to fly back to see her so badly." The death of her friend from menigitis coincided with her shooting a scene in the movie where Lindsay's character's friend is shot. "...I had to stay and shoot it. My [real-life] friend ended up passing away that same day, so the scene is really personal for me. It was the most tragic one I've ever had to do and required the most acting. Other roles I've had didn't require as much acting, because my character was closer to my own age and experience," the Just My Luck star said. "This time, I had to go to that darker place and use that for my work."