Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Dresses (And More) *to Die For

Let's jump to it, okay? Listed in the order in which I covet:


($795, Moschino Cheap and Chic, Saks)
Oh. My. God. Giraffes!!!! Oh. My. God. $795!!!!


($242, L.A.M.B.)
If loving Gwen Stefani is wrong, I don't wanna be right. I don't know exactly how to Holla Back, but I'd be more than willing to learn in exchange for this dress.


($438, Issa, BlueBee.com)
Issa makes just absolutely gorgeous dresses. More here, for lotsa paper stacks.


(Price upon request, Vintage James Galonos, Decades in L.A.)
LOVE this. It's so "Dallas" and SO delicious. And my size (if I blow my nose a few times and then suck in really hard).


(Price upon request, Vintage Pierre Balmain, Decades in L.A.)
I know it's ridiculous, but I would make it work. I'd wear it to the supermarket and the bank in hopes of being 'razzi stalked.


($299, Tufi Duek, Bluefly)
Oh Tufi Duek. Oh I love you. Love the Deco-meets-ethnic situation here.


($179, Abate, Bluefly)
I don't often go mad for Mod (har), but this is lovely and elegant. Prada-esque for the working girl. The working girl who DOESN'T work at Vogue, that is.


($290, Betsey Johnson, HouseofStyle.com)
LOVE this! It's very Jan-Brady-Goes-To-School-But-Forgets-Her-Pants. Um, seriously, could you spare us and put on a pair of tights, or even LEGGINGS if you must?


($82, Betsey Johnson, Vibetheboutique.com)
A-dor-a-blay. House of Style (WTF is that, by the way??)has 'em but for way way more.


($89, Stop Staring, Modcloth.com)
Very "Looo-Seeee?? I'm HOOOoooo-M!" Love the waist action.


($89, Jenny Han, Modcloth.com)
Super cute. Picnic-perfect!


($253, Erotokritos, Shopatmilk.com)
Better in theory than practice??


($305, BCBG Max Azria, Bluefly)
Also cute only in theory? Too Vanna-White-And-Nancy-Reagan-Circa-1984-Play-Dress-Up?


($109, BCBG Max Azria, Bluefly)
The cutesiness of the ribbon situation is offset by the sexiness of the keyhole peekaboo action. And I like that the color is referred to as "Napa wine." I've never been to Napa, but I do enjoy wine, like, a lot, so, I'll drink to that!


OK. Time to discuss kimonos, k? Do we love 'em or not so much? Of course my first pick of the litter, if i HAD to own one, would be a Kara Janx kimono dress:

($185, Kara Janx, greenapple.com)
My fave's totes the black and green one, sadly out of stock, but I'm sure she'll be whipping up more. I also like the grey (doy) dress on this site. Too lazy to post yet another photo, so here you go. It looks weeyahd at first, but zoom in, and I assure you, additional cuteness will become apparent.


Now, here are some expensive kimono items:

1.

($260, Single Dress, Bloomingdale's)
Super pretty, but pretty pricey.

2.

($148, Abby Z, Nordstrom)
Pretty and plus-sized, but with a plus-sized price tag too. Boo.

3.

($216, Harkham, CoutureCandy.com)
I know it's not a dress, but it falls neatly into the kimono sub-genre, so deal.

NOW... FOUR AFFORDABLE kimono situations, all under $40:
1.

($39, Giannascloset.com)
The whole no-brand thing is suspect, but who cares? It's a $40 no-brainer.

2.

($32.18, asos.com)
Another no-brander, but again, who cares?

3.

($38.50, Lulusfashionlounge.com)
I'm loving this because it LOOKS really 'spensive. Also comes in a red situation.

4.

($29.99, Meron, targs)
Just another reason to <3 Targs. I'm not positive I'd wear this, but it's a great deal, and it's good for work.


Now back to non-kimono stuff...


($26.50, Lush, Lulusfashionlounge.com)
How cute is the blue-and-pink color combo? Lulu, whoever you are, ya done good.


($34, Soundgirl, Lulusfashionlounge.com)
You don't have to be rockabilly or emo or "scene" or whichever ebay descriptor you identify with to love lil cherries. Yay, again, Lulu! And I'm a fan of about 90% of what Soundgirl does. (The music on their site is always right on, too.)

And finally...

($43, Scrapbook, Modcloth.com)
I think I'm gwongo buy this, though I fear it may look like overwashed cotton in person. I'll report back.

Oh wait... here's the "and more" section:


($116.40, Dreamland by Joystick, Playhouse Clothing)
I know this is super young, but it's so cuters.


($66, Dreamland by Joystick, Shoprumor.com)
And here it is in t-shirt form. Cute cute!

Donations gladly accepted for any or all of the above.


*Remember kids: fashion is NOT worth dying for. It's just a turn of phrase