Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Devil actress defends Lohan

Anne Hathaway came to Lindsay Lohan's defense in a recent interview, admitting she also went through a self-destructive phase. "You know, Lindsay and I have a lot more in common than people think," Hathaway told a British paper. "We've all done things we shouldn't, it's just I did stuff at college, when nobody knew about it, so I'm not a saint... Lindsay's a nice girl, I like her a lot, and she's a great actor, but there's a fascination about her lifestyle that distracts from her talents. I just hope she finds some comfort in the way she chooses to live." Of her own party-girl phase, the Devil Wears Prada actress says, "I wasted time doing self-destructive things but it didn't work. I found out you can only dance on so many tabletops. I got all that out of my system and now I'm healthy and I'm grounded... I had to work through some s**t in my personal life. I wasn't ready to be a serious actress, with all that entails, because I still had a lot of questions about myself as a human being." Hathaway credits her boyfriend of three years with helping her recognize the positive things in her life.