Monday, January 22, 2007

Drew showed support for Hugh when he needed it

Hugh Grant found an odd kinship with Drew Barrymore after the Charlie's Angels star sent him a letter following his 1995 arrest for picking up a prostitute. "Drew sent me a letter during my great scandal of 1995," Grant says. "I had two incredibly supportive letters from famous people. One was from Drew. The other was from Francis Ford Coppola. Both apologizing for the press coverage and being supportive. So I've always loved Drew for that." Barrymore co-stars with Grant in the upcoming romantic comedy Music and Lyrics, and Barrymore told her fellow actor, "I wouldn't send anyone I didn't know a letter, but I thought you were so charming. I wrote you a letter and you wrote one back! It hung on my fridge for a long time."

source