Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Lindsay proclaims innocence

Lindsay Lohan spoke to Access Hollywood's Billy Bush about her arrest early yesterday morning, proclaiming her innocence. "Yes. I am innocent...did not do drugs they're not mine," Lohan said, adding, "I appreciate everyone giving me my privacy." Police received a call in the early hours of Tuesday morning from someone claiming they were being chased in their car. When they arrived at the parking lot of the Santa Monica Civic Auditorium, they found Lohan arguing with the mother of her former assistant Tarin. Lohan was arrested and booked at the police station, where officers found cocaine in her pants pocket and registered her blood alcohol level as between .12 and .13. "I was almost hit by my assistant Tarin's mom," the actress told Bush. In a press conference held yesterday, a police lieutenant said that the mother of Lohan's personal assistant was driving the car being chased by Lohan. "Just prior to the chase - I'm not exactly sure how long prior - the personal assistant had quit," he said.
source