Wednesday, March 28, 2007

SS07 Beauty Trend: The White Eyeliner

First off, thanks for suggesting mascaras to me last week. For those who are interested, the Lancome counter that I went to told me that the much-loved Definicils has stopped being produced, so instead I bought its new Cils Design Pro. (It's a two-sided mascara.) It was only a bit more expensive than L'Extreme so I figured I'll try it.

Anyways onto today's topic -the white eyeliner. Now I am no expert about makeup so I was always thought white eyeliners weren't that versatile. I thought they were only useful in useful in doing the 60's mod look, as done in the Dior FW05 show. But apparently, there is another way to use it.
Some people (me included) feel that wearing black eyeliner all around the eyes is feels a bit heavy and 'madeup', especially for a daytime look. Recently, I read in a magazine that solved this problem. A great way to wear eyeliner but still achieve a (relatively) natural look is to wear black eyeliner along the top line, and white eye along the bottom line. I think it brightens up your eye area, (plus the magazine claims it widens your eyes.)
Check out how it was done in the Anna Sui SS07 show -Du Juan (above) looks really pretty with this makeup.
So I really wanted to try this look and made the effort to visit 3 Shu Umerura shops just to get this two-ended eyeliner, (one end is white, the other end is pearl,) but it's completely sold out! I'm definitely going to try again when I get back to London and if it's really sold out, I suppose I can try Nars.

So ya, just a little makeup idea for you all to try out!

Photo sources: vogue.co.uk and Shu Uemura