Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Prom Dress 06 I: On the Runway

A lot of readers have been asking us for inspirations for the perfect prom (or equivalent) dress. So I went directly to the source-the SS06 runways- for inspirations.

First stop, I went to the Oscar de la Renta and Carolina Herrera runway for inspiration from the master. The elegant, champagne colored and brocaded dresses blew me away. Its just so royal and elegant.

For a similar feel, try these two dresses from BCBG. Both has a tint of gold/champagne color and a simple elegant design.

Take a page off Marc Jacob's runway and have a magical prom night. Sheer sky and sequinned stars, let the magic begin! (Left by Marc Jacob, Right by BCBG)

Don't be afraid to stand out and go bold with red-think of how great the pictures will turn out. I'm loving these red dresses from Elie Saab and Nicole Miller, hot but not tramp-y.


Add glam to a plain white dress with shiny silver sequins/beads. I LOVE the Elie Saab dress on the left, it is light, flowing, flirty and glam! For a more sophisticated glam, try the dress on the right by BCBG.

As you can see, I clearly LOVE Elie Saab's SS06 runway. Flowers on an outfit makes it all the more fun and romantic. That with the bright yellow color of Betsey Johnson's dress reminds one of a fresh blooming flower. Just beautiful!