Monday, April 24, 2006

Evangeline determined to help less fortunate


Evangeline Lilly is adamant that the fame and glamour of starring in a hit TV series will not prevent her from doing missionary work. "I spent a month in Rwanda last summer as a way of bringing myself back down to reality," the Canadian star said. "I was welcomed into the homes of people who were living with their families in cement and dirt holes in walls. But they were smiling and welcoming me. It's about keeping Hollywood in perspective. I never want to believe the world of five-star hotels and chauffeur-driven cars is normal. I think every girl dreams of being a superstar or a model but I grew out of that by sixteen. By the time I was eighteen I did my first mission trip and decided I wanted to give my life over to that."