Tuesday, May 19, 2009

You So NEED A Sequined Jacket For Fall... TRUST.

The prospect of sequined blazers make me SO wish it were fall instead of almost summer. And when it comes to sequins, I like my sequined apparel like I like my Waffle House hash browns: smothered and covered. Seriously, go big, go hard, or go home. Because you know what looks cheap and shoddy? Like three or four sequins timidly schlocked onto a tank top. SNORE, and go ask your grandma about that. Because you know what looks BOWIE as fuck? A cropped, fitted jacket FUCKING COVERED in sequins. (And check Project Rungay for a comprehensive list of designers who welcomed back the sequin for Fall 2009.)

Anyway, while this sequined jacket from the Chanel 2009 Resort collection is, ostensibly, just beyond my reach:... like in every way imaginable...

This sequined Topshop jacket is the do run run...
($370, Topshop)
True, $370 is "a lot of money," but a sequined jacket is an investment in your fashion future, and I read the newspapers (sometimes), and now is the time to INVEST (right? isn't it?)


($755, Les Chiffoniers, Net-a-porter.com)
It's also half the price of this gold sequined Les Chiffoniers jacket, which is intense. I mean, if I had a spare $755 and was in the market for a gold sequined jacket, which I am, this would be it.


($795, Diane Von Furstenberg, Net-a-porter.com)
I do have to say, I am NOT feeling this DVF sequined jacket. It's way too long in that kind of uncomfortable way when a bad joke won't end and just keeps going and going... Also, it's kind of fugnasty. And I don't care if it was glorious on Whitney Port. WE are not Whitney Port. Let her KEEP it. Team Topshop!

PS:
($332, Adam, Net-a-porter.com)
Never.