Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Paris to visit Rwanda

Paris Hilton says she's planning a trip to Rwanda. Apparently making good on her post-jail promise to help others, Hilton says, "I'll be going in November, after I get back from filming my movie. There's so much need in that area, and I feel like if I go, it will bring more attention to what people can do to help." Though a trouble spot of notorious proportions - an infamous 1994 genocide in Rwanda claimed about a million lives - the country's multitude of problems doesn't seem to worry Hilton, who vows to pay calls upon a variety of beleaguered regions. "I want to visit more countries where poverty and children's issues are a big concern," says the socialite. "I know there's a lot of good I can do just by getting involved and bringing attention to these issues." Hilton reportedly will visit Rwanda at the invitation of Scott Lazerson, whose year-old Playing for Good charity assists celebrities and high-profile business personalities in getting involved with organizations that benefit those in need.