Friday, August 19, 2005

Barneys Girl virtual shopping with. . . APC

So sitting at home unable to go out, I decided to indulge myself with a bit of "virtual" shopping. That is-if money was no object what would I buy. And since it seems that everyone loves APC so much and I haven't even so much as stepped inside the store yet (but I WILL, once I recover. Incidently does anyone know where the APC in chicago is? I read the address and have no idea where that is) I decided to grace the APC site with my virtual presence and see what it is all about.
First thing that caught my interest is this simple shirt with a bow on the side. Nothing spectacular. But I figured it would match with a lot of things and the bow on the side DOES make it more interesting then just wearing a plain spaghetti strap.
This cute little jacket and bermuda shorts, not neccessarily matched like this. From the looks of it, the cute little jacket actually looks suited for the summer when the air con is too cold, but it really depends on the thickness and the material, which I cannot tell here. And those bermudas, they're perfect for carrying-on the bermuda trend into fall with that greyish color and texture.
And I'm loving this oversized black and white striped sweater. It is very Dior indeed.
I've been obsessed with getting a trench coat lately ever since I saw this tv show where the leading character just wears its absolutely ALL the time (in different color) and she looks absolutely fab in it. So this one can go into my collection too.
Lastly, I adore this flared coat! I think its the one worn in the ad, and it just looks very cool. Plus, a 100% wool jacket is a way better way to keep warm this winter then those super puffy jackets which makes us look fat.

So what do I think of APC? They're french. Their clothes are nothing spectacular, but definitely the classics of the season and kind of office-y. So if you want the season staple, this is a good place to go to. I can't say I absolutely love them, but there's nothing to hate either. So I guess they're "ok".