Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Two Random Web Videos: Courtney Love Discuss Her Style, And An Adorable Girl With UNBELIEVABLE Self-Esteem


Okay, I'm going a little off topic for a minute. I almost never talk about my "real life" or day job or anything, because that's not why you come here. (And this isn't LiveJournal.) But I thought I'd share this video interview I did with Courtney Love at my day job. First of all, would 1994 "Doll Parts"/ smeared lipstick you EVER have imagined that 2010 Courtney Love would've been rolling out in a denim button-down, white tee, skinny jeans and sensible black flats 16 years later? Anyway, when I was growing up in the 1990s, Courtney Love (and Tanya Donelly and Liz Phair) HUGELY influenced the way I dressed -- black tights, Docs, babydoll skirts, ratty old-man flannels and crappy sweaters. (Unfortunately, Blossom was also my style icon at the time, so I actually DID own a black fisherman's hat with two ENORMOUS flowers on the front. Wearing a sticker that said ASSHOLE would've been just as effective.) I also had some off-brand Jnco skater jeans that were not at all Courtney's fault. I have only myself to blame for those. Anyway, not to toot my own horn, but the interview turned out quite well, mainly because Courtney's funny and an open book. So, here's Courtney Love talking about her style evolution, her "kook," how her slipdress beginnings weren't a conscious style choice, the choice to dress in a more "elegant, adult way," and her hardcore obsession with Etsy. (This was a two-part interview -- you can watch the first part here.)



Next/ randomly, PLEASE check out this AMAZING little girl who is absolutely BURSTING with enthusiasm. I need to be operating in this mode every morning before I brush my teeth.