Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Coming Soon: MAC's Venomous Villain Collection!

To know me is to know that I typically am NOT into much Disney stuff. I've never seen "The Lion King" or "Herbie: Fully Loaded" or whatever. You will NEVER catch me quoting "Shrek." None of that. I can't deal with animation. And it's not just Disney. I've never seen "Cars" nor will I. That ain't me. I realize animation is an art. I just can't sit through an animated feature film. (With the exception of "The Triplets Of Belleville" -- man, do I sound like a snob. Whatevs.) I need my movies to have PEOPLE in them. Humans. HOWEVER. I do love a select few Disney items. A classic Mickey Mouse watch. And my Kidada for Disney Couture mirror necklace, which I wear on the regulado. And the Tom Binns collection. I'd wear all that shit. Possibly at the same time.

But, here's the point where I contradict myself: I do hold a special place in my heart for the old-school Disney movies -- growing up, I loved the "Cinderella" soundtrack from 1950 movie. And I do like a select few Disney movies from the 1990s. Like "Aladdin" and "Beauty And Beast" and "The Little Mermaid" because they were so bombastically over the top and campy. Which is saying a lot for a cartoon.

And, since I do love MAC, I was all OOOH when I saw the teaser trailer for their Venomous Villains collection, set to come out in September 2010. After loving their Barbie, Hello Kitty, and Heatherette collabos, I'm defs excited to see what their Disney collaboration has in store. And, um, hello -- no one does a villain like Disney. (Except for Susan Lucci and Daniel Waters, who wrote "Heathers.") And how fun is it that you JUST get the bitchy villains? Princesses are pretty, but they have their limitations. Evil and sinister know no bounds.

The villains that will star in the MAC collection haven't been revealed, though I think Cruella de Vil is beyond obvious. I'm hoping they'll have a male villain, because would Jafar from "Aladdin" not be hilarious? It'd be hilarious. Maybe he'd come with a limited-edition depilatory, since he clearly had an upperlip hair issue. Also, was he not a little light in his loafers? He was like a pointier, more ethnic Christopher Lowell.

Anyway, I will be absolutely LIVID if there isn't an Ursula from "The Little Mermaid." She was the effing BEST villain, because even though she was part octopus, she still glammed it up in eveningwear, knew the power of one statement accessory, and she was Gaga before Gaga was Gaga. She basically looked like a cartoon Harvey Fierstein in a dress. And she could BELT.

Anyway check out the MAC Venomous Villain trailer. And I just need to add that while they're totally off-brand, the Joker from Batman and Skeletor would be amazing adds too.