Sunday, May 27, 2007

The split screen was Rosie's last straw

Dlist comedian Kathy Griffin told an audience during a stand-up show on Saturday night that the final straw prompting her friend Rosie O'Donnell to leave The View was the split-screen used by ABC during her argument with Elisabeth Hasselbeck earlier this week. "I don't even know where to start," Griffin told the crowd at a show in New Jersey. "I tell you who I got a call from [on Friday]. 'Hey, Kath. It's Ro. What are you doing? Wanna hang out?' I spent the whole day with Rosie! How about that?!" The pair caught Cyndi Lauper's rehearsal for her upcoming tour, followed by dinner in Manhattan with the Girls Just Wanna Have Fun singer. Griffin and O'Donnell discussed the split-screen, and Griffin said of their conversation: "And that's what it was. I said, 'What was really it?' And she said, 'The split screen.' She said, 'I don't want to do Hannity and Colmes.'" Griffin has appeared as guest host on the show many times, and said of her friend, "I think she's a pistol, and she's outspoken and fun and says outrageous things. That show's not going to be the same without her, whether you like her or not."