Tuesday, March 28, 2006

My shoes for SS06

As a smart shopper who also strives to be fashionable (which is no easy feat I tell you!) it is ever important to pay attention to accessories. Afterall, we live in the times when our clothes can come from just any high street stores, but the accessories must be from an original designer and somewhat this season. So the rule of thumb is to splurge on ONE pair of shoes and ONE bag each season.

At the beginning of this season, I was 80% sure I wanted a pair of brown leather platforms. Kind of like this pair of Chloes, except not as high for practicality's sake.

But then I realised that these brown leather platforms only look good only if they were 4 inches high, so then I fancied some colorful sandals to go with this season's neautral color clothes, like this pair of green sandals by Marc by Marc Jacobs.

Next, I was swayed by the cutest Marc by Marc Jacobs ballet shoes. I've been waiting for such ballet flats which have elastic straps for a few seasons already, and finally designers are making them! But at US$295, are they really worth it?

No they weren't, maybe I'll wait for them to go on sale. Next I tried on this pair of sandals by Top Shop. Totally fashionable, affordable, and after trying them on, they actually look good on one's feet! Sounds good right? The problem was that the straps sort of scrape against the back of my ankles when I walk, and so I sadly left them.

Yesterday, my first full day back to Hong Kong, I visited Miu Miu. While my mum was making a decision whether to buy a gold bag, I was doing what else -trying on shoes of course!

I am totally in LOVE with this pair of platforms (as seen in the top picture in gold) except I want them in white (the color shown in the bottom half of the picture.) These platforms are about 3 inches high but they are AMAZINGLY comfortable -I would say even more comfortable than my 1 inch Marc shoes. Not to mention they look BEAUTIFUL when I wore them, (you know how some shoes just don't really seem right on your feet? Well these totally felt right!)
I also love this pair of seriously glittery platforms. My only concern is that I would NOT feel as comfortable wearing such shiny shoes during daytime. BUT the glitter, patent leather and color combination DOES make them more fabulous than the patent leather ones on top.

So here's my dilema: which pair of Miu Mius should I get as my shoe this season:
1. White patent leather platforms.
2. The same patent leather platforms but wait for gold ones to arrive in store (as seen in top picture) since gold IS more versatile than white.
3. The seriously glittery and fabulous ones.
4. Find something else from another shop.

Help!