Friday, November 5, 2010

Mandy Aftel's Face Exilir Will Give You Toddler Face

I recently had an INTENSE moisturizer conversation in the bathroom at work (I was talking to a friend, by the way, and not to myself. And we were in the anteroom, and not like on the toilet -- it's always so weird when people converse while on the toilet), and I ACTUALLY heard myself using the term "anti-aging." Ugh. Mortifying that that's actually in my lexicon now. It was like one of those moments where you suddenly find yourself hovering above yourself, watching and listening in horror as you actually say something you can't believe you're saying.


($40, Aftelier Perfumes, Aftelier.com)

Anyway, I said "anti-aging" because I've recently been using Mandy Aftel's Aftelier Perfumes all-natural face Geranium, Jasmine and Ylang Ylang elixir. I recently discovered Mandy Aftel after Nathan Branch (who's one of the smartest fashion/ retail writers I've a fortnight), introduced me to Mandy and her phenomenal collection of all-natural, handmade fragrances. I loved them so much I wrote a Naag.com story on her fragrances. So, where was I? Oh yeah, Mandy included a face elixir in the generous package she sent me, and I tried it out almost as an afterthought, having already fallen in love with her fragrances and not really looking for any extra love, you know?

Hand to God, people, her elixir made me look instantly younger. Like TEENAGE years, guys. Pre-teen even. It  moisturizers, hydrates and RADIATES youth. There's absolutely no messy greasiness. Just the clearest, brightest, softest skin I can ever remember experiencing. I wouldn't be surprised if people mistook me for a toddler. The difference between my skin when I use this and when I don't is the difference between awesomely perfect and gross.

My only gripe, and it's a small one, is that the bottle is very small -- 7 ml. BUT, I'm kind of an overuser, and while each bottle's $40, I figure lots of anti-aging products are barely bigger and about five times the price. And I guess what price toddler face?