In tandem with surf champion and Sanük team member Dave "Rasta" Rastovich, and echoing the Rastafarian ethos of natural living (no real connection here, just a cool coincidence), Sanük is rolling out a new line of environmentally friendly sandals that might make Bob Marley himself smile. As the leading edge of the brand’s Spring 2010 collection, its innovative RASTA Project (Recycled And Sustainable Trade Alliance) hopes to spark "One Love" among all peoples of the world, inspire a wave of "Jamming" and affirm its corporate mantra, "No Stiff Shoes, No Cry."
Some of the materials used in the RASTA line include:
· Sustainable latex and cork molded foot bed, featuring jute inlay detail
· Layered hemp upper, providing maximum comfort, with RASTA labeling
· Recycled tire outsole, gathered from neighboring factories
· Super-soft, recycled PET (polyethylene terephthalate) liner and toe post
· Completely vegan and vegetarian